why aren't the themes installing?

My network installation has been working great, but now I'm trying to turn it into a DVD installation for someone, and not everything is working right, such as the Luna theme not being installed by default. I get a weird hybrid of Luna and Classic. The attached picture shows how the desktop looks after it's all done.

In the Resources\Themes folder, I have a Luna folder and a "Luna.theme" file, but the classic theme file is just "classic.the". And in the Luna folder I only get "luna.mst". So some of the theme files are not copying/installing properly. But why? Like I said, this is a direct copy of my well-oiled machine of a network installation. If it helps, here is my winnt.sif:

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
   AutoPartition=0
   MsDosInitiated="0"
   UnattendedInstall="Yes"
   floppyless="1"
   EulaComplete="1"
   AutomaticUpdates=0

[Unattended]
   UnattendSwitch="yes"
   UnattendMode=FullUnattended
   OemSkipEula=Yes
   OemPreinstall=Yes
   TargetPath=\WINNT
   Hibernation=no
   FileSystem="ConvertNTFS"
   Repartition=Yes
   ExtendOEMPartition=1
   DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
   OEMPnPDriversPath="WINNT\Drivers\GX270\1Chipset\INF;WINNT\Drivers\GX270\2Network\Pro1000\WinXP;WINNT\Drivers\GX270\3Video\GeFor64\6176;WINNT\Drivers\GX270\4Audio\ADI198x\SMAXWDM\W2K_XP;WINNT\Drivers\GX270\5Monitor\1901FP"

[GuiUnattended]
   AdminPassword="xxxxxxxx"
   EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
   AutoLogon=Yes
   AutoLogonCount=1
   OEMSkipRegional=1
   TimeZone=35
   OemSkipWelcome=1

[GuiRunOnce]
   C:\post.bat

[UserData]
   ProductID=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
   FullName="blah blah"
   OrgName="blah blah"
   ComputerName=WORKSTATION

[Display]
   BitsPerPel=16
   Xresolution=1280
   YResolution=1024
   Vrefresh=60

[Components]
   msnexplr=off
   msmsgs=off
   Freecell=off
   Hearts=off
   Minesweeper=off
   Pinball=off
   Solitaire=off
   Spider=off
   ZoneGames=off

[TapiLocation]
   CountryCode=1
   AreaCode=717

[FavoritesEx]
   Title1="Google.url"
   URL1="http://www.google.com/"

[Branding]
   BrandIEUsingUnattended="Yes"

[Identification]
   JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]
   InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[NetAdapters]
   Adapter1=params.Adapter1

[params.Adapter1]
   INFID=*

[NetClients]
   MS_MSClient=params.MS_MSClient

[NetServices]
   MS_SERVER=params.MS_SERVER

[NetProtocols]
   MS_TCPIP=params.MS_TCPIP

post-70-1099323073_thumb.jpg

I think that your filenames are being cut off to the 8.3 format either during burning to DVD or during copying with installation. (Network installation may treat these files/filenames differently because it's another medium altogether.)

There is a solution for this. I currently don't have access to ref.chm from the deployment tools, but I think there's a section in there explaining giving setup a clue about the long file names... search it ;)

[edit]

the file that specifies long filenames for the 8.3 format of them is $$rename.txt, search the forum for it ;)

read these threads on this forum:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=25154&st=10 (especially fourth post)

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=ST&f=70&t=18499

[/edit]

Edited by NoControl

I could be totally off base here, but is this happening on a slow computer? I've seen it before where XP is set to automatically adjust visual effects. I have about 8 old Gateways (Pentium 233MMX, 256MB RAM) at work. They just won't die so I use em, but I set the visual effects to best performance mode to speed them up. Maybe this reg setting is doing it?

If you reboot before prematurely before first logon, then you do not get your theme. No matter what theme you pick or not. I experienced this and you may have experienced it also?

RogueSpear -- nope, it's pretty new and powerful. (P4 2.8, 512 RAM)

MHz -- as far as I know, the only thing I have control over is the reboot at the end of my application batch file (the one called from GUIRunOnce). And I currently have it set at 60 seconds. Plus, that can't be it because while it's waiting to reboot it's sitting on the desktop, and I can see that the theme is already munged up. Unless there's a way to control the very first reboot, after XP installs?

This never happened to me during all of my network installations.

*bangs head on desk*