Desktop Setting, etc

I figured out how to do the unattended install and add all of the software that I want, now I have a couple of questions.

1) Is there a way to configure my new install to have specific desktop settings such as background, screensaver, appearance settings, as well as to configure the power settings so that it will not hibernate, and not require a password when resuming from standby?

2) Is there a way to automatically remove software? What I mean is that during the automated install of AOL IM, I noticed that it installed a bunch of extra junk such as the WildTangent Web Driver, Viewpoint Media Center, and the WeatherBug. It would be easiest if I could specify the switched during the install to avoid all of this extra crap, but I figured that it probably wasn't possible. They do have uninstallers, and thought that maybe I could script the uninstall.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Here is a part of the answer:

1) One way of doing it is to go into Display Property where you can ajust the Wallpaper, Screensaver, etc.

Return to the Theme tab and select Save as...

Next, put this custom .theme file in \$OEM$\$$\Resources\Themes

Next you'll add this to your Winnt.sif

[Shell]
  CustomDefaultThemeFile="%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\xxx.theme"

2) don't install AOL, this should clear your problem... just kidding ;)

Hey, thanks for the info.

As far as AOL goes, you're right there. It is just annoying that everyone piggybacks their sh*t on top of software just for the almighty dollar. You know that AOL is getting mucho denero for adding that crap with their products.

Another question....

I've seen some posts about adding themes and having to change some dll's (uxtheme.dll)... Is there somewhere that explains why this is necessary, and what you gain by doing this? I just installed a demo copy of StyleXP and have to say, styles are pretty cool. I am assuming that Microsoft doesn't want us to do this for some reason. Am I right?

The reason you hack the uxtheme.dll is so that you can use themes that aren't supported by Microsoft, meaning themes that are worth installing :P Personally I don't use the themes often, but I do like the idea of being able to when I want without having another application needed.

The reason people put so much effort into all of this, and make it so you can use these styles is that they want them automatically installed when they setup their computer, the y want it built into their unattended install.

StyleXP is a cool program, but it costs money and all it does is modify the UXTHEME file just as we would (correct me if I'm wrong), and they make a nice GUI program for it , which is nice, but not what many of us want.