Nvidia Geforce 2 MX400 problem

nateboi

Are you guys talking about XP freezing and eventually going to a BSOD about the NVIDIA driver (nv4_disp.dll) being caught in an infinate loop? I think I have narrowed that down to the KT133 chipset as people having these problems tend to have this chipset...

You can try these beta drivers if you want.

ht*p://www.reactorcritical.com/files/NVidia/W2k-2188.zip

No active links please....edited by Mod[/color:00fc8df997]

The amount of problems this could be is too large to list, but I would recommend checking your BIOS.

Firstly,

Check Fast writes

Check apperture size (64 or 128MB)

Check Sideband

Check AGP speed

A few of these may not fully support your graphics card, so just experiment with them. Also a BIOS update could help.

[b:c9df477195]nateboi[/b:c9df477195] I had the same problem, and I solved it a weak ago. The problems is drivers. But when I got beta drivers "Detonator XP 22.50" the lock ups are gone forever. I don't remember the link for it, cause there are not on nVidia website, try to search... it really solves the problem.

If you don't find it send me email with your email, I'll send you drivers.

Regards.

well everyone throw out all your ideas about this promblem. I believe it all about the drivers. I just got this for the first time (nv4.dll) Im on a intel chipset 815ep and running a Pent III with a elsa geforce 2 ultra. all my stuff is well maintain so it boils down to the drivers.

-XPerties

• 3 weeks later...

Im running my Geforce mx 400 at only mediocre quality, had to disable all 3d acceleration, drawing etc kept on getting that (infinite loop with nv4_disp.dll) everytime I wanted to play games. Given up for the moment trying to work that out will proberly wait until the next set of beta drivers are released from Nvidia

[b:d7e8e3f4a9]check system specs[/b:d7e8e3f4a9]

P4 1.7G

Asus P4B motherboard

Asus V7100 GF 2mx400

running Nvidia 22.80 drivers

Did you mean Detonator 22.80? WHen I first install Detonator 22.50 the problem was solved & now I installed Detonator 22.80 everything is fine. I didn't get any (infinite loop with nv4_disp.dll) error, what I had is WinXP was locked up everything freezes. This is defenaterly drivers problem what you have. I had like that in Win2000 untill i installed new version of drivers. The only thing I ddon't understand is - that before I installed Windows XP on my PC, Win2000 didn't have any VideoCard's drivers problem with the same drivers. I just don't know what make PC don't like VideoCards after installing XP. You see, your drivers are the latest one, so I don't know how to help you! Wait for new drivers...

Yeh I get the screen freeze any time I run 3d acceleration, so any games even screensavers will cause my system to reboot then xp gives me that error report........oh well hopefully the next set of detonator drivers will do the trick!!