I have an easy-to-answer question

I've been following the official unattended installation guide at this site. I am new to all of this, so it is a slow process for me but I'm learning. If I mistate something below, please correct me.

I will be placing the applications in the C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\Install folder. I will have a batch file executed that begins the setup and installation of each program. Will the programs automatically install in the C:\Windows\Program files folder?

If I want to designate a different folder, how would I do that?

It depends on how each installer goes. Some install to Program Files by default. Some games install to the root of your drive. You could manually select where each one installs during the Windows install, but that is no fun. Basically, you gotta check each programs defaults, especially when using silent install. Some programs do let you specify the directory for the silent install.

Long story short - most do, but not all. Check them out. Search is your friend.

They will actually install to C:\Program Files, unless you noted in your winnt.sif where to install them, another drive/partition etc

As scorpy said, some application let you choose where to install and the most common for this is .msi programs.