Help with $OEM$ and Sata installation

kimandsally

Hi I have a problem I am very new to this so please accept my apolagies for being slow on the learning.

I have tried to run XP Create and have got to the point where I want to add my Sata drivers, I have looked through the forum and the instructions and do not understand where and how to put the drivers in.

I can see that they should be put here

Place your drivers somewhere in the FILESCD\$OEM$\$1\DRIVERS directory tree

But I don't understand how to put them there, I can see the ( files CD ) in the folder that I set up for XP Create but when I open it, it is empty I cannot find anything what says $OEM$.

I hope this is not like the one where on first installation it says press any key, I have heard that someone couldn't find a key which said any key on it.

I hope that there is a simple answer as I think the whole XP Create looks to be great, one of the reasons for me wanting to create this CD is so that I can incorporate the SATA drivers. I have looked through the forum and cannot find where this has come up so it must be something quite simple that I just don't understand.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, thanks especially to Green Machine for creating this wonderful tool. :blushing:

Thank you for a quick reply, I have tried to do that but when it gets to the end after saying burning iso image it gives a final one saying CD not burned press enter to exit I have tried it 3 times now all with the same result, I have changed the CD writer from E to D as I have a DVD and CD writer it still does the same, Here is the note from the XPCREATE notepad folder, I think this is the one you were asking for on a previous topic.

Oh no ... Please don't post like that, I absolutly cannot read it ('specially first thing in the morning). LOGFILES.CAB should be attached.

Please read this:

http://greenmachine.msfnhosting.com/XPCREATE/help.htm

Particularly the last paragraph, and please edit the above post to remove the all too long log file. I have not even tried to understand yet, but will after you edit it!

Hi I am really sorry about that I don't know how to navigate around these folders so it was a genuine mistake, although I did think there was an awfull lot there. Anyway here is what I think is now the right bit. My problem is that I am a complete beginner when it says in the root etc I don't know what that mean's I have gone through and can find a cab file I think that it what it is it is in like a cabinet in the new files folder saying log files, but when I try to open it it just gives me an option to extract it not copy and paste it, so I have edited the log file I attached earlier and left the part that says do not delete along with the other bits I think will be useful.

Edited to remove the lengthy file.

Not to be a pain in the neck, and I know you are trying, but I really WILL NOT even try to read your long post. You need to attach the log file to the post, not just cut and paste it. Then I will be happy to try and help you.

Click on the Add Reply button, and in the File Attachments Section, browse for LOGFILES.CAB, in the NEWFILES directory of your XPCREATE directory.

Hi I have gone to the new files / in there I have dosnet set up information, log files, svc pack, txt set upand XP Create. When I double click on the log files blue cabinet box it opens up the XPCreate but when I right click on that it only gives me an option to copy or extract.

I think I am missing the point somewhere would you know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks again,

Andrew.

Attach the whole LOGFILE.CAB. You do it from within the Add Reply Web Page (where you just wrote that message). There is a section called File Attachments, that allow you to add a file to your post. I'll add one here, so you can see what it should look like:

(Attachment removed)

Thanks I'll do that right away and nip and make a drink to keep me awake. :thumbup

Right it's at it right now should only be a few mins and I should have the result, I've just looked at your dedcation on your website, I am lost for words really, that's something special, and so are you for helping people like me Thanks.