Photoshop 7 & RunOnceEx...

a06lp

I don't use v7 anymore, but it should be the same. They're all using installshield. I just used the standard method for all installshield installers (-r then -s, optionnal -f1 and -f2 ...) and it's working perfectly.

i just tried this method (using the setup.iss, and the -s switch), and it still moves on to the next item without waiting for photoshop to finish installing.

i think the problem lies somewhere in the fact that my photoshop unpacks some files for the install before actually installing, so when the unpacking finishes, RunOnceEx moves on, even though the installation is just starting... ???

That's got to be it. Mine doesn't do unpacking like that, it just installs directly (mind you I don't use RunOnceEx either)

well how do i skip this step?

you dont get a screen "setup is preparing files..." or something like that?

there is an old post from one of the oldest admins that explains well how to install ps7 and ps CS silently. no need of iss files, just call the installer do a little search

i think what you are talking about is the Abcpy.ini file. I tried that method first, when I first made this post.

My problem is not that I don't know how to silently install. My problem is that runonceex moves to the next item before photoshop finishes.

Here is your working solution:

Launch the Photoshop installer from one RunOnceEx entry.

From the next RunOnceEx entry launch a Command Script that looks to see if the Photoshop Icons have been created. If they have not been created, wait a certain amount of time, and look again. You will need SLEEP.EXE, or similar. Psuedo Code:

:CHECK
IF EXIST SHORTCUT GOTO FOUNDIT
SLEEP 30
GOTO CHECK
:FOUNDIT
EXIT

Now please don't ask me to write the Command Script for you ...

• 4 weeks later...