'98 SE fatal error....HELP!

SDHMAN

Hi Guys & Gals,

Kind of new to this but searched the Microsoft website and didn't find what I wanted but didn't fancy paying their prices for any help.

Problem is I use Nero 5 to burn CDs and when I go to burn them I get a "fatal exception has occured at 0028:C003CB32 in VXD IOS(01) + 0000146E"

The nearest error on IOS(01) I could find on the Microsoft site was to do with Windows '95 and SCSI connected printers. I run Windows '98 SE. I need to burn stuff onto disc so that I can clear my computer out and rebuild it as she needs a kick up the a**, more memory and a new OS, maybe XP, who knows??

Any help would be appreciated and if anyone has any useful suggestions, please e-mail me at my home address.

Thanks

SDHMAN

Further to the above, I have searched for Error Repair and found many tools which will tell me how many errors I have on my system, and believe me, it is many.

Only problem is, they want me to buy the software that will repair my errors for me. Does anyone have this software as shareware/freeware or able to guide me in fixing my seemingly many prolems??

Help me please. Many thanks in advance.

SDHMAN

Where am I going wrong?

for starters, u didnt look here very first thing mentioned on that page (#1)

second, get the latest updates for what your lookin for help with (nero) 6x from there site (just get the trial 2 see if it works 2 solve your problem)

Thanks for the advice and tips, will certainly bear them in mind.

I seem to have solved the problem, did a search on Google and located another forum with people with identical faults, all related to the CD/RW. I deleted the CD/RW from my computer, then rebooted it, tried to burn the disc and the blue screen of death re-appeared.

Tried another alternative, searched and located the latest drivers for my CD/RW and downloaded them followed by a reboot. Now it is burning and copying discs without any worries.

Thanks for any help and advice

SDHMAN