What is XPCREATE?

Slimy

You may want to visit each site and compare them for yourself hehe

XPCREATE (if you look at the homepage, you'll see):

The main goals of XPCREATE are:

- Provide an automated procedure to produce a Windows XP Distribution that, once installed, will require zero updates, either critical or recommended, as shown on the Windows Update Site.

- Integrate the service packs, hotfixes and updates as completly as possible into the Windows XP Distribution.

- Perform the above two tasks with a minimum of user intervention or file manipulation in order to make Updated XP CD Distributions available to all XP users, regardless of level of expertise.

That pretty much explains itself - as you can see, its goal is *not* to install third-party applications and/or drivers.

I believe (although I dont know this for sure) some of the other "tools" you mentioned are intended for this purpose when installing XP.

Regards,

N.

Is this a trick question? I'll bite, what are the differences ...

On a more serious note, please take the time to research and read about the different programs you mention, and formulate your own opinion. I am not very good at holding hands ...

Also, please take the time and trouble to use correct grammer and spelling: I honestly have trouble understanding mispelled posts with no punctuation.

hehe Seems I beat you to it GM ...just ;)

Perhaps a sticky topic explaining that ppl should visit the website before they start posting questions and comments here might be useful as it seems ppl are always gonna venture here from other places without knowing or looking at the website first.....just an idea my friend :) N.

Regards,

N.