Disable SFC during unattended

Neo571973

I'm trying to make a unattended installation of Windows Server 2003 with a new driver named mraid35x.sys.

This driver is already provided by microsoft on the cdrom but doesn't detect my raid device.

I had already read a lot of topics about how to add a new mass storage driver and I had already done successfully with a siemens driver (in this case the driver was not already provided by microsoft on the cdrom).

So I replace the mraid35x.sy_ in I386 and in driver.cab, but because of SFC (I think), Windows try to use the old version because my version is not "digitally signed" !!

I know that layout.inf contains the size of all files present in I386 but this file is digitaly signed so I can't modify it.

I need some help, if someone has a solution .....

Thanks in advance

I'm trying to make a unattended installation of Windows Server 2003 with a new driver named mraid35x.sys.

This driver is already provided by microsoft on the cdrom but doesn't detect my raid device.

I had already read a lot of topics about how to add a new mass storage driver and I had already done successfully with a siemens driver (in this case the driver was not already provided by microsoft on the cdrom).

So I replace the mraid35x.sy_ in I386 and in driver.cab, but because of SFC (I think), Windows try to use the old version because my version is not "digitally signed" !!

I know that layout.inf contains the size of all files present in I386 but this file is digitaly signed so I can't modify it.

I need some help, if someone has a solution .....

Thanks in advance

It's because the driver is cached/back-upped in the Driver.cab file in the i386 folder. Windows detects the hardware, tries to use the driver and notices it isn't the correct size, so it gets it from the Driver.cab file.

I don't know exactly how to disable SFC during setup, but I'm sure people in the Unattended Windows subforum will help you out!

Bâshrat the Sneaky