Windows Media Connect Switches?

The Windows Media Connect optional update was released yesterday. At the end of the unattended install process, the System Restore warning displays, similar to WMP10's warning.

I've been able to disable that message when installing WMP10, but can't find the correct switches for this update.

Anyone have any luck with this one?

Thanks.

I have not seen a System Restore dialog, only the Windows Media Connect Configuration Wizard.

The install is a MSI. extract the wmcsetup.exe using WinRAR.

The MSI is WinRMSrv.msi

The Windows Media Connect Configuration Wizard is a custom action, that is set to launch at the end of setup, IF the user interface level is NOT silent (/qn) or basic (/qb).

So, to prevent the Configuration Wizard from launching, simply install using one of those 2 switches.

IE:

WinRMSrv.msi /qb-!

As I said, since I don't get any System Restore Dialogs, so I don't know that this will affect your install. But give it a try.

Joe User 99

Thanks for the help, but no go. In addition to the /qb switches for the msi, wmcsetup.exe /q:a /r:n results in a silent install.

But, at the end of the install process, the System Restore warning window, with a Title of "Windows Media Player 10" STILL displays. Apparently it IS the WPM10 system restore warning message.

I have System Restore turned off.

Has anyone else figured this out?

i tried this also

the msi version i think works if u run it in guirunonce or runoncexec

but my goal is to run it in svcpack.inf

when i try to run it this was with /q:a /r:n

i get same windows media player 10 warning(10 is installed before this update in silent mode)

does anybody remeber the iexpress silent method for media player 10?

i cant find this post

umm....

to those having the WMP10 System Restore message, are you using the CORRECT SWITCHES? As in /DisallowSystemRestore or something along those lines?

The reason you get the message, is because of the fact you turned of System Restore or it currently isn't running.

I tried using the following:

wmcsetup.exe /Q:A /R:N /C:\"setup_wmc.exe /DisallowSystemRestore /Q:A /R:N"

Problem is, I'm not sure what file name should be used. I tried setup_wm.exe and setup_wmc.exe. Neither works. The WMP10 System Restore warning message displays at the end of the silent install process. It seems to be the WMP10 System Restore msg, not one that's generated by wmcetup.exe.

I use:

ECHO.

ECHO Bezig met installeren van Microsoft Windows Media Player 10

ECHO Even wachten...

start /wait \\server\d\install\Applications\wmp10\MP10Setup.exe /q:A /c:"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore"

ECHO.

ECHO Bezig met installeren van Microsoft Windows Media Content

ECHO Even wachten...

start /wait \\server\d\install\Updates\wmcsetup.exe /Q /R:N

It works for me.

Bye