Sata-drivers...again

Guest Scuttle

Guest Scuttle

OK...I've read the available documentation and I have tried to find info here in the forum...

After copying the drivers to the $OEM$ subfolder I an told:

Add the appropriate data to the OEMPnPDriversPath setting in WINNT.SIF.
Uh... what? there is no file by that name anywhere. Not on my XP cd, not on the xpcreate distribution-files.

Also, on the website there is a list of 20 or so supported SATA-drivers, why not include all these as an extra download as opposed to just the textfiles? Just make an addon-file that adds all those chipsets/cards to the XP cd

Also..

# Edit the XPCREATE.INI file to reflect your system parameters. This may be edited in Notepad, or any text editor. Instructions may be found inside the file.

Um, the xpcreate.ini doesn't contain any instructions...

Three at once? Let me say:

Welcome to MSFN, Scuttle!

Welcome to MSFN, anand!

Welcome to MSFN, Square One!

As Square One suggests, you must create the WINNT.SIF file. Check out the link Square One provided.

The SATA Drivers will remain as they are: the User must provide his own drivers. THis is due to the fact that there are many different versions for what may appear to be similar hardware, and so that the user will assume responibility for finding the correct driver. Otherwise, there would be much too much SATA debugging required no my part, for hardware that I do not have. I will offer to consider debugging these issues to those sending my the hardware in question ...

Seems like the information on XPCREATE.INI got lost somewhere. More complete information on this file IS available on the Web Site.

I will be working no the documentation just as soon as the next version is stable.