Disable MS Java VM using winnt.sif?

I have a Dell OEM gold XP Pro installation CD, which for some reason after slipstreaming it to SP2 still has MS Java VM on it. I know how to uninstall it after installation is complete, but is it possible to use the [Components] portion of winnt.sif to not even install it in the first place? (Would it be as simple as java=off ?)

I searched through old posts to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a Dell OEM gold XP Pro installation CD, which for some reason after slipstreaming it to SP2 still has MS Java VM on it.  I know how to uninstall it after installation is complete, but is it possible to use the [Components] portion of winnt.sif to not even install it in the first place?  (Would it be as simple as java=off ?)

I searched through old posts to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any help.

http://www.ryanvm.net/killspyware/unmsjvm.exe

Run that with regular /Q:A /R:N switches. It'll remove all traces of the MS JVM from your system.

With the Dell OEM disk's the MS JVM isn't actually slipstreamed in, it's run as part of the run once batch file (this is also what personalizes the install to Dell) if you wanna fix the issue, make your own copy of the disk but edit the CMDLINES.TXT and remove the last entry for .\java.bat and then delete the JAVA.BAT file and the MSJAVX86.EXE all these files are in the $OEM$ dir.

If you read the excellent tutorial here on msfn about slipstreaming your own XP CD then you'll be able to make your own disk without the MS JVM.

Viola.

Simmer stir leave to spin for 3 mins and serve cold.

Hope this helps and makes sense.

Pebbles - thanks for the info, I hadn't looked in the $OEM$ directory because I'm doing this for a friend and didn't want to spend a lot of time on it...problem is, now that I'm curious, I will be spending the time anyway! I'll look into it when I get home tonight.