Gunbound?

diesel_98a

Played it about a year or so ago. If you remember and even remotely liked the game called Tanks for the old atari ... then this is a must try. It puts a twist on the game though. Each char has different weapons ... and each char can have different gear such as shirt, armor, etc, depending how many matchs you won to obtain Credits. Its a cute RPG like version of tanks, worth a shot whether you know what tanks is or not.

Did you happen to ever play an astroids game that allowed not only different weapons but multiplayer at the same time. During this multiplay you could combine forces and have like a guy that flies and shoots only forward, and the other guys are turrents or in control of special weapons. Really old game for the commador ... could have sworn it started with Mega, LoL, course think about it alot of games during that era was called Mega <fill in the blank>.

Cheers for the Gunbound ... hope they didnt make it pay2play as such rumors were at the time (doubt it though).

not that i recall but i has been a very long, long time ago. the one i played was two player but not together, played seperately, it had one ship at the bottom of the screen that could only go side to side and shoot 1 little lazer as fast as one could press the button. the ship looked like the Enterprise (star trek) from the top. various type of obects would go from right to left & would speed up & slow down while dropping their own lazers. had 20 levels that would start over back at one.

could have sworn it started with Mega, LoL, course think about it alot of games during that era was called Mega <fill in the blank>.

guess they ran outta names, :yes:

as for gunbound it is still free, just that the download that is over 100+mbs. :}

Only a 100 meg eh? I had to download 2 gig a couple of times for a game, specifically Star Wars Galaxies. Doesnt bother me though ... I remember when it took 30 mins to an hour to download an mp3 that was maybe 4 meg. So i am pretty happy if i can get 100 meg in about 5 - 15 mins.

yeah hopefullly here pretty soon i will have something a little faster than dialup, but my brother is coming to visit me this weekend so i had him download off of his cable service and bring it to me. i can wait that long. in the meantime i am trying out the axis & allies demo. that and i am just now getting a chance to play madden 2005 on the ps2. so off i goooooooooooo..........................................