Unattended windows wont go on floppy boot instal

I made unattended install cd with nLite and msfn unattended quide and it woks fine on computer that is cabable of boot from cd. i have my second computer that is old and cant boot from cd.

now when i start installing whit the floppy disks what found on microsoft, the winnt.sif is not readed during install and install fails, i have copied my winnt.sif file in i386 folder on cd.

is it possible to succes unattended install bootin on floppies?

winxp sp2 (nLite min install)

200Mhz

64Mb

no bootable cd rom device

thank you

That computer is only for internet surffing and solitaire gaming. i got vectorlinux now what reguires only 166MHz 32MB speed, but i cant get it installed either and dont know anythin about linux

think that wxp will run on that computer when i have removed almost everythin of it and shutdown services what i don´t need

still havent get unattended xp installed from floppy boot :(

You need to have your winnt.sif on the media that you use to boot.

So you need to have winnt.sif on the floppy.

Now, I don't know WHICH floppy needs to have it - probably the first one, or the last one. Just to be sure, put on your winnt.sif on all the 6 floppies. Then it should work unattended.

Even on a 600mhz PC and 128mb of ram, with no sounds, no themes, no gui enhancements, no system restore, no nothing like that, mostly all services off, no AV or other processes running (had to do it for somebody else) it was absolutelt totally completely painfully slow. (it was as bare bones as it possibly gets) I definately couldn't live with it. The system was very unresponsive. With 256mb of ram it would be just OK.

Yeah it can be done on that system, my brother loaded it on his pentium 133 with 32mb 72 pin ram. I would definetly suggest looking for another used system. I don't know about where you live, But here schools are always giving away outdated systems. The last one I got was a Iwill server board with a 550 P3 and 2 50 pin scsi drives, and its working fine as a file server.

Now i get it installed when i put winnt.sif file in all the floppies. thank you prathapml :)

still have that problem that when after format setup copies files in hd i got errors of missing files and it need to pass with Esk button.

i have in winnt.sif lines;

[Data]
AutoPartition=0
MsDosInitiated = 0
UnattendedInstall = Yes

[Unattended]
UnattendMode = DefaultHide
UnattendSwitch = yes
OemPreinstall = Yes
OemSkipEula = Yes
FileSystem = *
WaitForReboot = No
TargetPath = "\Windows"
DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore
NonDriverSigningPolicy = Ignore
Hibernation = yes

[SystemFileProtection]
SFCQuota = 0

[SetupParams]
SkipMissingFiles = Yes

[GuiUnattended]
TimeZone = 125
OEMSkipRegional = 1
OemSkipWelcome = 1

[Shell]
DefaultThemesOff = yes
DefaultStartPanelOff = yes

[UserData]
ProductKey = "xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"

[RegionalSettings]
Language = 040B

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup = workgroup

[GuiRunOnce]
%systemdrive%\install\batch_file.cmd

Even on a 600mhz PC and 128mb of ram, with no sounds, no themes, no gui enhancements, no system restore, no nothing like that, mostly all services off, no AV or other processes running (had to do it for somebody else) it was absolutelt totally completely painfully slow. (it was as bare bones as it possibly gets) I definately couldn't live with it. The system was very unresponsive. With 256mb of ram it would be just OK.

dude, thats bullcrap (no offence)

XP Sp2 (non nlited!) run's fine on my mum's pc, just used for internet, word, winamp

with all shading / visual effects turned off, its fine

PII400, 128mb