2000 Adv Srvr driver

twindude

I have gotten the 2003 drivers to load and do an unattend install..

Now I'm going backwards to get the 2000 Adv Server to do it and can seem to get it to work......

Using HP/Compaq 5i controller on a DL 360

Does anyone have a simple way to load the drivers for the 5i before setup starts. would like to put them on a cd with the OS and unattend install?

I have the install setup right but would like to stop using the floppy?

• 3 weeks later...

Here is what you need to do:

A) Identify the appropriate driver files for the controller you are working with ie: Compaq Smart Array 5i (as will be discussed in this example)

B) The driver files can typically be obtained from the manufacturer’s website. Once obtained, expand/copy the files to a temporary directory, ie: C:\Temp.

C) Most driver file sets will consist of at least three files. For instance with the Smart Array 5i controller the files are:

a. CPQCISSM.CAT

b. CPQCISSM.INF

c. CPQCISSM.SYS

D) Copy the .SYS driver file into the root of the i386 directory where your source files are located.

E) Next, in the i386 directory, locate a file called TXTSETUP.SIF and open with Notepad or another text editor.

F) You will need to add the following entries for your driver to each of the four sections shown below:

a. [sourceDisksFiles]

cpqcissm.sys = 1,,,,,,6_,4,1,,,1,4 (Note: the first 4 listed indicates the file is to be copied to the ..\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS directory at the destination location) To identify the exact parameters to list after the = sign, first check a Windows Server 2003 CD to see if driver support for your controller is listed. Then copy the parameters from the TXTSETUP.SIF file on the Server 2003 CD to the TXTSETUP.SIF file for Windows 2000. If the driver is not listed, find a similar driver and mirror those parameters.

b. [HardwareIdsDatabase]

PCI\VEN_0E11&DEV_B060 = "cpqcissm"

PCI\VEN_0E11&DEV_B178&SUBSYS_40820E11 = "cpqcissm"

PCI\VEN_0E11&DEV_B178&SUBSYS_40830E11 = "cpqcissm"

PCI\VEN_0E11&DEV_B178&SUBSYS_40800E11 = "cpqcissm"

NOTE: Again, if available mirror settings from TXTSETUP.SIF file on Server 2003 CD

c. [sCSI.load]

cpqcissm = cpqcissm.sys,4

NOTE: Again, if available mirror settings from TXTSETUP.SIF file on Server 2003 CD

d. [sCSI]

cpqcissm = "Compaq Smart Array 53xx-series Controller"

Hope this helps.

tguy