keyboard shortcut wierd problem

ShakeNotStirr

i have had a problem for a while now im not sure what it is from or why it is doing it.

basically my windows shortcuts such as ctrl alt delete to bring up task manager instead puts my computer in standbye. if i press shift to capitolize it does not capitolize or change the numbers to the symbols, instead it will open firefox or internet explorer depending on what browser i have set as default. if i press alt it pops up the calculator then the computer goes to standbye. the left shift key does nothing. the right ctrl buttom also brings up a new instance of firefox or ie.

iv now done a format and fresh install with sp2, nlited, and i do have reg tweaks applied but the thing is these reg tweaks were never applied before this problem started. and now on a fresh format the problem came back.

iv tried to uninstall the keyboard and everything i just am really confused cause this problem wont present its self with a cluprit. now i did find out that to open the windows taks manager i have to press left shift and esc. why i cant even put a question mark or capitolize properly in this very post.

please help guys. :( iv really search and just came up dry.

no i have not , but i will try and see if that fixes it. but whats the deal with my keyboard deciding to do this it would seem more like a software problem then a hardware problem wouldnt you think. since iv used this keyboard fine for a year now.

do you guys think that this is a problem with sp2 cause i never had this problem until i installed my test sp2 on another partition then it somehow crossed over to my main sp1 old install. now im full sp2 with the clean install and the problem is still here. so what changed in sp2 that made my hotkeys all wierd?

have you tried a different keyboard

Ok update,

As you can see i can now CAPITOLIZE using the shift key without it opening another instance of the browser. YAY this is cause i switch with my friends keyboard.

All windows shortcuts like cctrl alt delete for task manager works.

Now the question is why, and how do i fix it so my keyboard works like it did before.

I have a Belkin ergonomic smart keyboard. this problem has not always been here so im lost.

What should i do?

Check your keyboard settings in control panel, and also make sure the right driver is installed for you keyboard, and if not try the standard microsoft drive for the keyboard.

what should i be looking for in the keyboard settings. also i am currently using the regualar standard keyboard microsoft driver.

the same driver makes my friends keyboard work normally. but when i plug mine back in problems still there.

Update. I put my keyboard on my friends and the problem follows to his computer. so whats the deal..

tell me if this could be the problem on the website i posted above it says my keyboard is a 108 key , the standard driver me and my friend are using is saying its a 101/102 key or microsoft natural ps/2 keyboard.

could my problem be this. and if so were do i get a 108 key complient driver cause microsoft is the one who installed this driver for my keyboard so shouldnt it pick up that its a 108 key? anyways if this is not the problem then im stuck.

go to device manager, uninstall the keyboard driver, then restart, when windows comes back up, it should reinstall the driver for the keyboard. Also, does it need any software to use the extra functions on it, like multimedia buttons ext.?

ok i uninstalled driver restarted and it reinstalled the same driver as before.

as far as 3rd party software, iv never used it in the past when i had no problems, and there was no software that i can remember comming with this keyboard it has just basic functions nothing special besides the ergo design.

As long as we're talking about "normal" keys, (i.e. not the fancy ones that most new keyboards have, like "Web/Muktimedia/Play/Forward/Back etc.),

NO DRIVER is needed at all.

To me it looks more like somebody, while SHAKING instead of STIRRING, has dropped some liquid on the keyboard!

Seriously it could be some dirt in the keyboard, i.e. an electro-mechanical problem.

Just disconnect the keyboard, open it (most probably you will need a Phillips #1 or Torx 8 Screwdriver), then clean GENTLY the contacts on the plastic sheets inside with a paper towel moistened in soap water.

DO NOT USE ALCOHOL OR ANY OTHER KIND OF SOLVENT!

Thoroughly wipe dry before reassembling.

jaclaz