Windows Media Player 10 easy transfer

jada855

Hello all I am looking for and easy way to transfer songs to a mp3 player "iRiver 300" through windows media player or itunes. Here is the situation

I have all of my mp3 files on one machine and the person who has the mp3 player is located on another machine in another part of the house. Itunes only supports the ipod but has the shared music over a network feature which would totally work.

So is there a similar way in windows media player 10 to share a playlist over network and from that play list copy the songs to a device. I like Itunes because it looks more organized but If I had to do it with media player 10 I would.

Or is there a way to make a playlist inside of Itunes using the shared music feature so the person can make there playlist and then some how use them inside of windows media player to copy the files to the mp3 player device

Also One last question I have alot of songs is it possible inside of itunes for a person using the shared music feature to edit tracks and artist names and I can some how save this iupdated information on my local computer.

I do alot of formatting "thats why I am here unattended install" and I would like to know which Itunes folders or files do I need to back up so that I can re-load the artist tracks information . Also is there anyway to make this information available to windows media player.

thanx for any help suggestiions

im not an expert at wmp, but i think it stores it's information in a .wmdb file. itunes uses an .xml file. the xml file that itunes uses is stored in the my music folder by default. you could back that up and as long as your music files do not change location on the hard drive that would work for backing it up.

as for wmp and itunes sharing the same database file, i don't think it would be possible. i don't see any option to make wmp use a different database. same goes for itunes. they want to use their own files.

im not too clear as your main question. you want to share your music out across the network, and have somebody connect to it from another computer. then they can copy that music to their mp3 audio device?