It is done - GUI Tools for your Rules

Hello outthere,

it's so stupid for the coders to modify the codes in windows xp endless - i found a program which lets you integrated all necessary datas on a GUI:

Here it is!

Please let me know how fine it's work - can I prevent my system with this tool from the "F6 Scenario"?

The program is working probably for the german version.

If you know some others good programs with GUI - please let me know - i haven't so much time to coding for myself - sorry!

" in windows xp endless" ? What do you mean? The way the answer file has to be written? No program will fix that, sp2 has major changes, so there are some small changes to do in the answer file, but nothing dramatic. We even got new deployment tools and documentation to help. The microsoft provided tools can make you a half decent one in no time at all, and there's plenty of nice ones to copy from on this forum. It's really no big deal at all.

As for the program, well, I don't speak a single word of german...

please please don't take it personal - i don't speak such a great english like you - i mean, when the new driver is coming out, you must change the winnt.* and so on...

I like this programm, because it makes an bootable iso image automatic - you can really gets all what you need, the program is self-explanatory - but if you know an other tool - please let me know it. :)

To make a winnt.sif

you could try bored's Winnt.sif Creator.

you could try the official microsoft one , setupmgr.exe

you could use nLite's Unattended page

you could use Notepad

you could do any number of things. As for making the CD image bootable, there is a download on the Unattended webstie, where all you do is correct the file path, and double click.

I personally find use of such programs (except Notepad) pointless. If you did it by hand, sure it would take alittle longer, but you would learn more, understand the setup process better, and be actually able to help yourself, instead of one of us fixing a glitch a program you used to make the file. I find myself sometimes not inclined to help people where all I see is them copying something form someone else, and then complain that it doesn't work.

I personally find use of such programs (except Notepad) pointless. If you did it by hand, sure it would take alittle longer, but you would learn more, understand the setup process better, and be actually able to help yourself, instead of one of us fixing a glitch a program you used to make the file. I find myself sometimes not inclined to help people where all I see is them copying something form someone else, and then complain that it doesn't work.

hear, hear!

it's taking me forever to do everything by hand, but i am getting closer and closer to my perfect CD.

I'll have to agree with Alanoll....

It does take a lot longer, but at least all the glitches/bugs you're ironing out are your own coding/setup issues.

... AND the big plus in my book is that you get a clue as to what you're doing....which helps immensely for troubleshooting and when you finally step out there on a limb and start adding your *OWN* modifications and additions...

Ran

ok...i see there are experts in this forum ;)

But I'm in trouble - let's have a look on my specifications:

Board: MSI K8Neo2 Platinum - Sockel 939 - Nvidia3

Bios: 1.3

SATA: WD 1200JB striped on SATA3 and SATA4

I used the tool to make my unattended slipstream windows cd perfect, but I can't get realise the "F6 Scenario". The Raid don't work without pushing F6 - i allways see 2 Hard Disks on the Windows XP Installation process.

It will only work when I download the latest driver nforce3 5.10 on nvidia - extract it and copy the files out of the folder "IDE" to my floppy - but I don't want to use this floppy - i changed winnt.sif, txtsetup.sif etc. but nothing works. Nvidia is so tricky - or I'm so stupid??

Bâshrat the sneakeralso doesn't work!