2 XP Questions needing desperate Answering

phillyman2004

i have 2 questions that have been bugging me for sometime now , if anyone can solve these i would be appriciative

1) Is there a Way to Have Xp Automatically Reboot into SafeMode WITHOUT sitting at the keyboard hitting F8 ??? Or at lease automatically go to the boot choice screen WITHOUT hitting F8

2) Is there a Way to Select ALL LOCAL harddrives to be scandisked at the next reboot , I have 5 Harddrives and want them all scanned at the next reboot , WITHOUT having to Select Each of the 5 Drives and hit ScanDisk Now , because i have to always play a Mp3 on each of the drives so that it says it cannot get full access to the drive because the drive is in use , and then it gives me the option to scan at the next reboot....ARRG

Thanks In Advance

Rob :huh:

Better question - what do either of those have to do with unattended XP installs?

Get help and new tips 'n' tweaks to make your unattended installation of Windows better!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about that i read that line wrong , I could have sworn it said Tips and Tweaks to make Windows Better ....LOL

If a Moderator has the power to move my post i wouldnt mind , as now i dont know if i should repost or just leave it here

Sorry

Rob

1) Is there a Way to Have Xp Automatically Reboot into SafeMode WITHOUT sitting at the keyboard hitting F8 ??? Or at lease automatically go to the boot choice screen WITHOUT hitting F8
The below steps will let you do so:

1. Start >> Run

2. type "msconfig"

3. Click the "BOOT.INI" tab

4. Enable (by ticking box) - "/SAFEBOOT"

5. Do whatever other configuring of boot-up you want there.

6. That's all. reboot.

7. When you want to get back to normal, reverse the action above.

Hoping this helps....

The other thing about scandisk - try searching this forum, its there somewhere. Doing that scandisk thing is not difficult either. :)

*And yes, thread moved to right section.