MySQL question

i have a forum on my site that already uses the mysql database that is included with my hosting package. i have a webpost utility i'd like to use with teamspeak and it also need to use a mysql table. since the forum and the webpost utility have settings called "prefix table with" where i think it puts that setting on the table, could i run both of these on the same database without problem?

thanks in advance for you help!!!

well if it's not suggested, then i won't do it. guess i need to find a host that will give more than one mysql database.

does anyone know if the interface that emax gives is easy for creating mysql databases? im a mysql noob.  :D

Its incredibly easy... I suggest you go with the Budget package... Only $5.95 and more then enough space and bandwidth! ;)

i may just do that. i hate to deviate from the topic, but looking in the features for emax it says:

Pre-Installed CGI Scripts

Pre-Installed phpBB Board

Pre-Installed Invision

Pre-Installed PHP-Nuke

so i would get a free invision board and a phpbb board? and what are cgi scripts and what is php nuke?

cool! Looks just the place to ask this as well.

Re-posted question:

the other day I needed to do this for some reason:

Listing out members who have been warned.

Is there a way to do it with invision? Some MySQL query perhaps?

(this is not on msfn, its for a client's forum)

Anyone knows?

cool!  Looks just the place to ask this as well.

Re-posted question:

the other day I needed to do this for some reason:

Listing out members who have been warned.

Is there a way to do it with invision? Some MySQL query perhaps?

(this is not on msfn, its for a client's forum)

Anyone knows?

It's just a matter of narrowing down where ipb stores the data then making a simple sql query for it. If you really absolutely need it, then I can try to have a peek sometime soon (don't have ipb installed...)

Thank you zivan. Are you sure this is the one to be used? (I can't confirm till 3 days later :( when I visit the place )

@crahak

Yes, I absolutely need it. :P

But zivan has already given the info I needed, I suppose - if you can confirm it, it'd be great.

I can't really help you much more, IPB does not allow free downloads of the forum anymore  :(
Yes, noticed it after you said it.... dunno why they've done it. Matt Mecham kept saying all along that 2.0 will be available for free too. Of course.... I was lucky enough to have downloaded the 2.0 final legitimately - in the short interval between release and making it pay-only. :D

I can't confirm it since I have not warned anybody on any of the boards I own. Perhapse an MSFN admin can run it and see? I have migrated all my boards to phpBB2 because of the commercialization issues with IPB.