Whats the advantages?

Hi, I'm thinking of making an unattended disc. Currently I use an image from a seperate HD to restore my OS.

I just want to know (appart from having to use a seperate HD) whats the advantage an unattended disc has over a cloned image? if there is any?

Thanks in advance...

im sure this has been asked- and answerd- many times before.. but anyway..

it means that you can goto your "friends" house and reinstall windows for them in 30min when they might have completly different hardware than what your image will support. thats bassically it

And if you leave at least one of these unattended CDs in a *protected* place, it's more reliable that a hard drive.

I used to keep an old 1.2 Gigger as a "backup" image... got tired of opening up the computer case and plugging it in, going into bios... etc.

Ok guys I see, sorry if its been asked before but I did search back 10 pages and didnt see anything.

About installing on different PC's, then you would have the same key (my own) on all of them...right? would this not be a problem for future updates?

About the opening of the case too, I see where your coming from, it is a pain I know...lol.

Thanks again

Besides the fact that using the same cdkey on different computers is ILLEGAL, unless you have a legitimate VLK, then yes it would be the same key as your initial installation. You WILL run up to problems when you reach the point of ACTIVATION on the other computers if the particular cdkey is already activated....