MRU-Blaster, switch problem

webservices

Hi,

I am trying to switch MRU-Blaster in my unttended xp installation.

I encounter two problem :

1) can't disable the timer naggy screen. even if i do the following reg.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^user^Menu Démarrer^Programmes^Démarrage^MRU-Blaster Scheduler.lnk]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^user^Menu Démarrer^Programmes^Démarrage^MRU-Blaster Silent Clean.lnk]

2) I try during my runoncex to delete records in

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Menu Démarrer\Programmes\Démarrage

during my cleanup.cmd, but it did nothing.

I edited the path (edit in dos) and save it to be understand through my french os, but same thing, nothing is deleted. The only way i found was to delete through explorer or type this line in a cmd

DEL "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Menu Démarrer\Programmes\Démarrage"

this line is working this way, It is driving me mad.

Any help would be so appreciated.

Weeb,

I use InstallShield Admin Studio, but only because my primary employer bought it for me. Otherwise its just too much money.

Years ago I used WinInstall, LE which I think was provided free in the Windows 2000 Resource Kit Tools. It doesn't have a ton of advanced options or anything, but MRU-Blaster is a very simple and small program, so it should handle it without any difficulties.

"MRU-Blaster"

What is the function of this utility?

If you want to use it to clear out "Recent" documents, and MRU entries for WMP, etc. - you can directly use registry entries, instead of having to use a 3rd party software.

MRU-Blaster is a freeware utility made by JavaCool (makers of SpywareBlaster). It claims to clean out over 35,000 different MRUs. So it covers quite a bit of 3rd party software.

You can set it to run at each boot and to run at intervals; say once every hour if you like.

• 2 weeks later...

The way I do it is with RunOnceEx as follows:

REG ADD %KEY%\045 /VE /D "MRU-Blaster 1.5" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\045 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\MRUBlaster\mrublastersetup.exe /VERYSILENT" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\045 /V 2 /D "%SystemRoot%\system32\taskkill.exe /IM mrublaster.exe /F" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\045 /V 3 /D "%SystemRoot%\system32\taskkill.exe /IM scheduler.exe /F" /f

Hope this helps!