Diskeeper silent install problem

Alex

@echo off

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Diskeeper 8.0.478" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "D:\Downloads\XP\Software\setup.exe /s /v"/qn" /f

EXIT

Testing diskeeper install and having problem with switches, because installshield wizard window pops up and i must finish installation manually clicking next, yes and so on...

No way to finish unattended?

Maybe You could help with switches?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Alex

Hey, its difficult to do a diskeeper install in that way... too many switches to debug.

Here's what I do:

1. When windows is running normally, open a command window and change to the folder in which the diskeeper setup.exe is located.

2. Run it with "/A" switch to make an administrative install point - "setup.exe /A"

3. Now go to the folder you specified to make the files in.

4. Copy it away safely. Now you can use this folder to install - use the "/QB" switch on the .MSI in that folder.

5. That's all.

You could make a RARred SFX (for silent extraction) if you feel the space occupied by the folder is too much.

Thanks a lot,

I figured out that all what was necessary to do is to extract from setup.exe ANOTHER setup.exe. Then the switces are working perfectly.

New question about virtual machine. (just started using it) I made install on VMware workstation from nlite cd mounted on clone cd virtual drive but drivers do not install and runonceex as well. Though no mistakes during install. Is it ok?

I've read somewhre drivers are not suposed to install on vmware, but what about runonceex and progs that shoud install?

Thank You very much,

Alex

Alex, you read right - the drivers can't be tested through VMware, you can burn the ISO to a CD-RW and test it on your real machine itself.

But everything else (including runonceEx, and the app-installs) is supposed to happen in the same way as it would on a real machine. So maybe some error there in your compilation! :P Shouldn't take too long to fix, though.