system cannot find the file TEMP\SPACKS\UPDATE\UP

bluebeard

Afer the latest svcpack unpacks I get the following error.

system cannot find the file TEMP\SPACKS\UPDATE\UPDATE.EXE.

I guess xpcreate is lookin gin the wrong place or the service pack is unpacked to the wrong directory, any ideas on how to sort this.

12:50:24 -- Slipstreaming Service Pack.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 12:50:24 -- Extracting Service Pack : WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe

-- 12:52:29 -- Merging Service Pack : WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe

regards

LONG

I am sorry I thought I had attached my log file, and unfortunatley there is not much more to say.

I have reattached the log file..

I have all the service packs for xp pro in the right folders, after the latest service pack extracts I get the above windows error.

"system cannot find the file TEMP\SPACKS\UPDATE\UPDATE.EXE."

I guess xpcreate is lookin in the wrong place or the service pack is unpacked to the wrong directory.

all worked fine with Windows-KB841720-ENU.exe.

----

Edited by bluebeard

From the log file, it shows that the service pack did get merged, and the last thing listed is copying the files.

Really .... Start completly clean, and use an ORIGINAL MICROSOFT CD as the source. I can see from the logs that this is not the case. Debugging from a distance is hard enough. That is why I insist on using known source files ... Even if you may think the differences are minor, they may not be ...

Perhaps you could edit the log file out of your post where it is cut and pasted? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...