New nVidia nForce Unified Driver Package v5.10

Sanjay

nVidia has released a new version 5.10 of the nForce Unfiied Driver package.

Can someone please list what all can be deleted from it for an unattend CD. There is an additional subfolder "\IDE\WinXP\raidtool", the files that are in this subfolder were in the "\IDE\WinXP" folder previously. Would this make a difference and do we need to add this new folder path in 'winnt.sif'? Also, is there a way to have the Audio Utilities installed automatically during Windows install? In case one were to install it thru 'start.cmd', what would be the command to install it silently.

There's no difference between what you need to do to install the older driver versions unattended and the v5.10. And the info for nForce drivers is all over here - please search.

The Audio Utility (NVmixer) is an install-shield application, for which you can use an ISS for silent setup (the official guide gives details on how to install an install-shield app).

• 3 weeks later...

This is a warning for those that have an 'Iomega IDE/ATAPI Zip' drive on their computer. Do not install the IDE driver contained in this package it will render your zip drive useless.

In case someone is already facing this problem, the solution is to uninstall the nVidia drivers which will install the default Windows XP IDE drivers.

I personally figured this out after reinstalling Windows 3 times and the problem would still not go away, not until I stopped using the nVidia IDE drivers that is.

This is old news. Most of the people know to stay away from the Nvidia IDE drivers.

Personally I have not had this problem with the previous nForce - Unified Driver Package 4.27. It is only with the current version 5.10 that I have had the problem.