My Music Help

Dessip

Hey i was wondering if any one knew how to change the standard defult C:\Documents and setting\....\My Music to d:\My music, then is there any way to put it in to a unattended instal, I have tryed changing all the regestry entries, but it did not work it just changed back to the defult.

Thanks for any help :)

Though I haven't seen a setting to change the location of that alone, there does seem to be a similar thing offered through TweakUI. You could apply that, and use RegShot monitoring to find out which registry setting does it.

Otherwise, there's of course ways to make the entire "Documents and Settings" be located somewhere outside the "C:\" drive. That way is cleaner for the C: drive too!. That is done through winnt.sif (example):

[GuiUnattended]
ProfilesDir="D:\Documents and Settings\"

i wish I knew how to get rid of these folders permantely. I leave my documents on d:\ for backup reasons and have the my docs folder point to it. I have my own dir structure though and I get bloody sic of clearing out microsofts my ebooks, my pictures and my music folders..

i wish I knew how to get rid of these folders permantely. I leave my documents on d:\ for backup reasons and have the my docs folder point to it. I have my own dir structure though and I get bloody sic of clearing out microsofts my ebooks, my pictures and my music folders..
regsvr32 /u mydocs.dll

Will allow you to delete all My Documents Sub Folders.

regsvr32 /u mydocs.dll

Will this delete those bastards forever?

Yes...

Open a command prompt window (CMD.EXE)

* Type the following and hit the enter key.

regsvr32 /u mydocs.dll

A dialog "DllUnregisterServer in mydocs.dll succeeded" will appear.

* Select Ok

* Delete the My* sub-folders

Should you need the My Documents functions that un-registering this library disables, type regsvr32 mydocs.dll in a CMD.EXE Window.

One more thing. I've added this to cmdlines.txt. The problem is a windows that pops up... is it possible to do this silent?

Yes it is - just add /s like this:

regsvr32 /u /s mydocs.dll

Hopefully this will work on Default User, but I don't know?! Still testing! :)

The e-Books folder is not re-created by MS's own files. That one's the folder made by Adobe Acrobat Reader.

I did read somewhere (right here in this forum) that there was some other file (maybe a DLL or one of those .api files in "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins"). That file looks after the task of annoying us with the eBooks folder. Now, if only that thread was remembered by someone else as well..... 'coz I don't. :P