framework 1.1 + sp1 slipstreamed (ITALIAN)

beppemito

@lieblingsbesuch

He has slip-streamed SP2 of XP into his CD. What he wants to do, is slip-stream the SP1 (which is the latest possible) for .NET framework into his .NET 1.1 installer.

@beppemito

You'll find details on how to do the same for other languages by yourself, in this thread - .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack - RyanVM has described everything.

is this?

That's odd, it didn't work before for me......

Anyways RyanVM gave me the courage, and here's the steps (given by him):

1. First download the .NET framework v1.1 re-distributable package, and run "dotnetfx.exe" with the "/C" switch (to extract contents).

2. Then download the .NET fw v1.1 SP1 update, and run "NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe" with the /XP" switch (to extract contents).

3. A dialog box asking you where to save the MSP (update patch) comes up, choose where you want to save it (size 18,760 KB).

4. Rename that MSP to SP1.MSP, and place the extracted contents of dotnetfx.exe (.NET framework installer) in the same directory.

5. Clean the directory so sp1.msp, data1.cab, and netfx.msi are the only files (3 files) in the directory.

6. Run the following commands (from a command prompt):

CODE 

msiexec /a netfx.msi TARGETDIR="c:\netfx"

msiexec /p sp1.msp /a c:\netfx\netfx.msi

These commands created an admin-install point and patch-updated it to .NET SP1 respectively.

7. Your c:\netfx directory should have 3 items in it after this operation: 2 directories - Program Files & Win, and netfx.msi.

8. Now you can compress it to SFX (if compressed it will be just 12.2 MB, if left uncompressed it is 56.2 MB). And set it to silently extract.

9. And install your newly created ".NET Framework v1.1 slip-streamed with SP1" package during XP/win2k setup with the "/QB" switch.

MUI = Multi-lingual User Interface pack.

Its used when there's a core application, and MS wants to expand the languages in which it can display/accept UI elements.

If you haven't heard/used it before, then its safe to assume you don't need it.

• 8 months later...
8. Now you can compress it to SFX (if compressed it will be just 12.2 MB, if left uncompressed it is 56.2 MB). And set it to silently extract.

How do I set it to silent extract?

Is this correct?

Setup=netfx.msi
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

One last thing...Do I add QB to the netfx.exe I made with win rar, or do I add it to the text over in code? "Setup=netfx.msi /QB"??

Edited by svortevik