WINNTBBU.DLL Problem

Okay, I've been messing around with editing my setup screen and goofed it up.

When I kept thing simple (I changed to to a grey background as opposed to blue) it was working fine. I decided to add in a background image, so I created a nice looking background for the 103.bmp file, and added it to my CD.

Now, it fails during the copy portion of text mode and claims that the file isn't a valid file. I get the following error:

The file winntbbu.dll was not copied correctly.
The file Setup placed on your hard drive is not a valid Windows XP system image.  If  you are installing from a CD, there may be a problem with the Windows XP CD.

I have the option to retry, skip or quit.

So, I thought that it might be a problem with the file size (my edits bring it up to 1,218kb) but checking some of the files that people have posted the file size doesn't seem to be out of whack. Next, I ran it through ModifyPE and that completed without error, but the install still chokes on it.

Anyone have any thoughts? I've been searching the forums but most of the problems that I've found posted have to deal with it bombing out when GIU mode starts.

Thanks

I think I sorted it out. I used a different image for the 103.bmp and it worked.

In my oringal one, I had used a gradiant mask in Photoshop to get my background faded like it was a light watermark. In this new one, I used a different base image and didn't fade it in at all, and that worked.

Everything else remained the same, I used the same Photoshop file and my final files are still the same size. The only difference is the choice of the base image and not using any masks in Photoshop. I guess you have to keep it simple with the effects when you're building the bitmap in Photoshop.

• 3 weeks later...