Changing the login screen...

Hey all..

So first of all I have used the search and have not been able to find the answer I am looking for.. I have read some things but they don't seem to match up right for me. I've got my bootscreen changed properly on my unattended CD but not the login screen (yet.)

So I downloaded a login screen and the file name was "PrtdEdtnIIISP2.exe".. It is a 2.52MB file.. To apply it I used Style XP and it works fine for me... But now I do not understand how to put this file properly into my CD... I understand it needs to replace LOGONUI.EX_ but how do I go about getting the "PrtdEdtnIIISP2.exe" file ready to be that new file?? I assume I can't just rename it??

Also, I tried looking at the LOGONUI.exe that my Windows currently uses and it is only a few hundred KB so I do not understand how it is my modified version? It also says that the file logonui.exe was last modified in early August but I only started using this modified login screens a week or two ago.. So I do not understand how it uses my "PrtdEdtnIIISP2.exe" version?

So what do I do to get it on there??

Any help is GREATLY appreciated..

probably your logonui.exe original file it's smaller because the modified one has great size bmps or their resolution it's better.

to replace the original as shaggy said, rename your downloaded logon to logonui.exe and type in the command prompt:

makecab.exe logonui.exe

so it will create a new file named logonui.ex_, after that replace it on the i386 folder.

the images inside are smaller....

the better way and more secure, would be to use a registry tweak to apply the logon screen.

Change

HKLM\Software\Windows NT\Winlogon\UIHost to the path to your file. And it will execute your logonui instead.