Custom 95 & 98 Boot Images

Randy Rhoads

There were no flaws that i know of unless you tried to boot with a slave drive, which, as i explained, doesnt need to be installed on a PC.

If the drive fails because you use it to much, then you would have to do what everyone else does, buy a new/better one. Theres no use to have a slave drive connected just to collect dust. Better to wear the burner out, while under warranty, with lots of backups made, than keep it 5 years with its only job to be an extra strain on the PSU.

The best plan still remains that if there were flaws using a slave drive then its as simple as booting the cd in a master drive instead. Master drives are found in every PC with a optical drive installed, there has to be, otherwise you wouldnt have a slave drive or have any issues with boot disks.

Whats next?, we stop using our tires because they go flat, or we pile the miles on and buy new ones when they blow out?

My last post on the matter, see above statements for any future slave drive supporters..lol. :hello:

does this work with ME and 3.11 too?

Me?, sure i edited them for Me and added them below. The IE.reg and MSbatch file are optional, the rest are required. Be sure to add the format.com if your win9x folder doesnt have one inside there.

If you want to use ither the msbatch or ie.reg then add them both because i added a line in the msbatch to look for the ie.reg, or remove the lines pointing to that if you just want the msbatch.

Using the msbatch will turn System Restore off automatically. You can open that and tweak the names, options, etc. They are also a MSBATCH.XPR which has the same contents of the MSBATCH.inf just renamed.

My original Me OEM cd had both so im not sure if both are required so i opened the MSBATCH.XPR and added in the changes i made to my inf to match and added it as well.

3.1?.. no clue, dont even have it anymore.

Windows_Me_Files.zip

• 2 weeks later...