Norton Ghost 9 silent?

idbirch2

Anyone managed to get Norton Ghost 9.0 to install silently? I've tried:

setup.exe /s /v"/qn REBOOT=Suppress"

and also setup /? tells you:

setup.exe /s /v /qn

But that doesn't work either. It uses an MSI but this has to be launched through Setup.exe which is an InstallShield installer. I have tried setup -R but no setup.iss is created in C:\Windows :(

Partition Magic 8.05 seems exactly the same apart from that it successfully creates setup.iss when using -R.

70 odd views and not a single suggestion?  Anyone have any ideas at all about this or got it to work?  :(

I don't have any suggestions, unfortunately, but could you post the Ghost 9.0 TXTSETUP.SIF file?

Thanks,

Metzen

Sorry, TXTSETUP.SIF??  This file does not exist in the Ghost install files or the program folder once its installed - where should it be?

Ghost 9.0 uses Windows PE for it's recovery disk? The TXTSETUP.SIF should be in a folder in there I think...

Also unsuccessfull in installing it registered.

Have the same problem with PowerQuest V2i Protector (Desktop Edition) which is actually the same program.

As always with Symantec, when they see something they like, they buy it and label it with their own name...... ;)

Anyway, no luck so far.

Using the applications mentioned on http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/applications.htm haven't brought a solution either.

Looks like PowerQuest did it's best to hide the register information :(

Is there a way to prevent the reboot after install?

Tried the regular switches but they won't work.