Knowledge required for Unattended CDs?

Hi There,

I have never created a CD before, and now reading through the forums i have now been convinced that is a time saving idea and one i should seriously consider.

So i have a few questions that instantly come to mind, and no doubt more as i start to create my first disk....

I want to create a disk that is not 100% unattended. I need sp4, and the current critical updates (which will change) all on the disk. But i need the install to ask me about the pc name, and networking settings - as this varies at different sites. I Would also like to combine some mapped drives if possible, and is it also possible to install Ms Office 2k As well...

Would this be possible?

Many thanks :thumbup

Just make sure in your winnt.sif file that the following is not there:

[Unattended]
   UnattendMode=FullUnattended

You can add a batch file using [GuiRunOnce] that has your drive mapping commands.

As for Office 2K, I believe you can use the same technique as for Office XP. You can combine the Office install onto a DVD with the unattended XP install or use a separate CD.

I would use:

[Unattended]
  UnattendMode=DefaultHide

so that any of the entries you do not fill out in the winnt.sif file will have to be filled in by the user. At least the CD-Key and such won't have to be refilled in every time you insert it into another computer.