How to Load the raid for 64bit XP without Floppy

zhenxy

• 5 months later...

• 2 years later...

I have made a compilation of SATA drivers for Intel and VIA so that you no need to insert floppy drive when trying to install XP (tested on 32-bit, maybe ok with 64-bit) on SATA drive. :thumbup What do you need are a copy of XP CD or DVD and ISO burner. Just add all files inside i386 folder (email me to get a copy of it: omar.arbain@gmail.com) before you can use the new 'updated' XP CD. I can't upload it here as this side just allowed 200k of file size (the compilation is 443k).

I used nLite and I loaded in the drivers there. For some reason even using the floppy it would not load with my 780i mobo. Once using the nLited image I did not even have to press F6 or anything at all. It did everything on its own. Good luck!

Honestly, I would say the easiest way is to use nLite to integrate them into the OS (don't do anything else with nLite if you'd like a stock install). You could always try using the OEMPreinstall=YES and OEMPnPDriversPath=\DRIVERS\SATA in your winnt.sif file and using the \$OEM$\TEXTMODE and \$OEM$\$1\DRIVERS\SATA folder structure if you'd like to [url="http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/reskit/prork/prbc_cai_fnnb.mspx?mfr=true"]learn how to do it manually[/url], of course.