silent installshield installs

buzzman04

hi yall trying to do silent install of my adobe pgms so im attempting to record an .iss file and then run it, but when i run setup.exe /s it doesnt do anythign in windows or dos? any suggestions?

also is it possible to show a progress bar or something to show its working?

Great! tahnsk for the help i c that it's installinf fine and all.

is there any way to show a visual cue as to when it's done installing???

also for my batch install file... how would i script this if i have several items so that they all dont start at once? i believe its using the /wait switch but correct em if i'm wrong. so would this example be correct???

ie... if i have the following

echo.

echo Installing MS Office 2003 Pro

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

echo.

echo. Installing Adobe Pagemaker 7.0

ECHP Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Adobe\Pagemaker 7.0\setup.exe -s -f2"pagemakerlog.log"

echo.

echo. Installing Adobe Premier 6.0

ECHP Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Adobe\Premier 6.0\setup.exe -s -f2"premierlog.log"

pause

exit

would this be correct???

thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Was hoping I can get some help here, my last file to convert and can't get it going. I am trying to do D-Link Software packed with installShield. There several ways I've tried to work this

1st

setup.exe -R

but doesn't create an .iss file at all.

2nd

Setup.exe -s -f2"%systemdrive%\dlink.log"

doesn't create the log unless i remove the 2 or 1 in other cases. Has to be just the -f for it to run. otherwise i get a mssg stating that "There is not enough space

on drive 2dlink.log\ to extract this package. Please free up 2.88 MB and click Retry."

And of course I have 100gb hard drive. So i don't understand this.

If I run it with just the -f instead of the -f2 it will start the program but will still ask me to click on next to continue, so not much of a silent install

I'd appreciate any help thx