Doing it the NEXT time

jimmytop

Ok, I've created a slipstreamed XP CD using XPCreate. I used my Retail SP1 XP CD and slipstreamed SP2 and the couple of other things included on the current hotfix/update list. Piece of cake :thumbup

So now, CDSOURCE folder contains original + SP2 and that's where XPCreate.ini is pointing for the XPSOURCE parameter.

Now supposing that a few more hotfixes and/or updates come out and I want to create a new XP CD. Do I need to go into each one of the SVC-xxx folders and delete the previously downloaded hotfixes/updates so that when I run XPcreate.cmd it won't error out when it tries to download them again? :}

I can't set DLAUTO=NO because that wouldn't be right either. Remember, there are some new hotfixes/updates available with the scenario I've described so obviously I would need to download them. But I don't want to re-download the ones I already have :blink: .

Just trying to plan ahead a little bit :D

Just leave everything as it is: XPCREATE will see the files there, verify the MD5 values with the ones from the downloaded hotfix list, and take care of the rest. I may update the list next week for (at least) the DotNet 1.1 SP1, and (possibly) WMP10.