Can't put windows on SATA Drive on SATA PCI Card

sfetaz

I have a Serial ATA hard drive connected to the Maxtor Serial ATA PCI Controller Card. I have literally tried everything I can find to get the installtion of windows to happen on that drive but no luck at all. If I try F6, after I format the SATA drive and it starts to copy files, when it tries to read the floppy it says cannot find files such as ULSATA.SYS and such. I have tried slipstreaming the files into my windows XP CD but without F6 the files never get loaded.

When I skip loading those files and reboot the computer, if it tries to boot windows into setup the blue screen of death comes up. From my experience with computers I know this is because windows has not loaded the needed Maxtor Serial ATA PCI Controller card drivers, which needs to get loaded before the reboot after the repartition and format of the drive.

I have read the guides on this forum and tried various things with no luck. Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks!

The problem you're experiencing is normal for an unattended install. The reason copying from the floppy is failing is because you have OEMPreinstall=Yes in your winnt.sif file. However, that's a required key for some other parts of the unattended install ;). The solution for that is to integrate your SATA drivers into the unattended CD, by using either Bashrat's MassStorage driver pack (sticky at the top of the page) or by following the instructions found on GreenMachine's Page. If you choose to go the second route, be sure to read the notes at the bottom of the page.