XPCREATE, Tablet PC & .NET SP1

Drgnfyre

AKA - Tablet 2005.. :) (for those that don't know, Microsoft is officially calling Tablet XP with SP2 - Windows XP Tablet Edition 2005 - confusing, isn't it?)

Just for clarification. I am using the Windows XP Tablet Edition as my source for both XP Professional and XP Tablet. This works great, and the only difference is, when you enter a 'tablet' product key, it extracts a few extra CAB files (TabletPC.cab and now NETFX.CAB) to install the pen support, etc..

I've used this configuration with XPcreate for SP1 integration and all updates after that with great success..

Now I've updated to use SP2 integrated for both, and have hit one very minor snag with the tablet side of things.

When it goes to run the MS .NET 1.1 Framework (that xpcreate downloads and rebuilds), the setup program comes up and says something to the effect of "cannot run because the following programs are running - XP Setup"

I've taken the nice repackaged dotnetfx and successfully ran it via guirunonce without any problems (I also threw .net 1.1 SP1 there since it has wierd switches).

I just thought I'd check and see if anyone knew what might be causing this minor snag?

Other than that, I'd basically like to report Success of XPCREATE Integration with Tablet SP2, in case anyone else out there is trying the same setup. (I'd like to say it worked perfectly the first time, but I'd be lying --- but it was my own fault it didn't work right the first time :)