Bluetooth on XP SP2

SiMoNsAyS

well, i'm having problem with this guys. there are many threads that talk about this but none specify how to make it work under an unattended installation sucesfully.

i own a conceptronic usb bluetooth device to transfer files with my mobile phone (t610).

installation was simple with xp versions before sp2. it uses a .msi installer, running the it with the "/qb" switch worked: installation complete without prompts, drivers were installed sucesfully, the explorer shell extensions were added with no problems and so on...

i tried the same installation (that was ran from cmdlines sucesfully before) with sp2, after a short of time, a new system properties window popups with the "Hardware" tab selected (!?) :angry: . I tried running the installation from RunOnceEX, removing "Search internet for drivers" prompt and removing native SP2 bluetooth support with nLite and still didn't work :realmad:

after installation it's finished the "My Bluetooth Places" icon it's displayed on the desktop. finally the installation it's tested on M$ virtual pc as before, i haven't had the oportunity to use a "real" pc yet. anyone having the same problem solved it (unattended)?

i have a nokia 6600 and i had the same problem-ish, sp2 insists on using its gerryatric drivers, i searched long and hard for a resolution to my dilemma, and finally i found one, there is no way of doing it unattended unless the drivers are digitally signed, so i settled for using the gerryatric ones and using com500 which sp2 assigns to a virtual serial connection and it also adds a nice little context menu to my right click for device connection of pc suite, the other way i found was installing the software for my BT device and then goto control panel > system > hardware > device manager > expand bluetooth radios > R/C on generic bluetooth radios > update driver > no not this time - next > install from a list or specific location - next > don't search, i will choose the driver to install - next > click have disk - then locate the inf file for your BT device - next> then it should install the driver for your BT device, i have not found a way of doing this unattended though

I solved my problem with MSI usb Bleutooth as described below:

Add to winnt.sif

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

Repartition=No

FileSystem=*

UnattendSwitch="yes"

WaitForReboot="No"

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\000;Drivers\001;Drivers\002;Drivers\003;Drivers\004;Drivers\005;Drivers\006;Drivers\007;Drivers\008;Drivers\009;Drivers\010;Drivers\011;Drivers\011;Drivers\011;Drivers\011;Drivers\011;Drivers\011;Drivers\011;Drivers\011;Drivers\011;Drivers\011;Drivers\011;Drivers\011;Drivers\012;Drivers\013;Drivers\014;Drivers\015;Drivers\016;Drivers\017;Drivers\018;Drivers\019;Drivers\020;Drivers\021;Drivers\022;Drivers\023;Drivers\024;Drivers\025;Drivers\026;Drivers\027;Drivers\028;Drivers\029;Drivers\030;Drivers\031;Drivers\032;Drivers\033;Drivers\034;Drivers\035;Drivers\036;Drivers\037;Drivers\038;Drivers\039;Drivers\040;Drivers\041;Drivers\042;Drivers\043;Drivers\044;Drivers\045;Drivers\046;Drivers\047;Drivers\048;Drivers\049;Drivers\050;Drivers"

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

Added to $OEM$\$1\Drivers all dirs named 001 to 050

After that add drivers to dirs (must contain *.inf files in the root of each dir.

Added also a txt file as index.

See also attached selfextracting file.

New_Empty_DRIVERS_Folders.exe