Integrating .NET with SP1 into XPCREATE?

PhillTheChill

Hi i'v been following the thread ".NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack" over on the "Unattended Windows" forum.

How do I integrate my rar genarated sfx file into XPCREATE or do we put the .NET and SP1 file into your folder structure (where?) and let xpcreate do it's thing.

TIA

Phill

Hi Phil

I would say "seperately" but I'm sure someone else knows for sure.

As the hotfix list is now for SP2 (I think), the last list for SP1 is somewhere on the forum (except that I have no idea where) which should have the details of where to put them.

Regards,

Nath

Never tried ... but if you want to be the first, I would suggest placing the update (SP1) in SVC-MSX, and DotNet in SVC-X2M, as ussual. This will allow XPCREATE to integrate both without the need for creating self-extractor files. If you simply have an installer that can be run with no switches, place it in SVC-EXE.

Let us know how it works out.

I don't know if I understand the point correctly, but I think you mean

.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 right?

I've successfully integrated this into my XP SP2 CD. The patch accept only /Q switch and there's no such folder to place in XPCREATE to only use /Q switch so I modify XPCREATE.CMD to add /Q switch to files from SVC-EXE (I use SVC-EXE because it installs after all hotfixes and currently I have no other file in that folder)

So in XPCREATE.CMD, I change the line

Removed. Copyrighted code

and put downloded patch in SVC-EXE and it works fine

Hope that helps

@varoot: Hmmmm ... Not good. I know you are trying to help, but modifying the code is something you agreed not to do upon XPCREATE installation, and is also something that I am dead against ... I pinned the topic discussing my reasons, so I won't repeat myself here. I know you mean good, but it is really wrong. Still ... Welcome to MSFN!

@PhillTheChill: Thanks for testing that. I've not had a chance to test it myself yet, but my inderstanding was that that should be OK. It installs the patch with the /QN switch.

If this does not work (and all indications are that it DOES), I will make the necessary modifications for the next release.

If you really need to install something "different", just wrap it in a self-extractor (e.g. WinRAR, WinZIP, IExpress), set it to not require switches, and place it in SVC-EXE.

If this does not work (and all indications are that it DOES), I will make the necessary modifications for the next release.

It works for me too, including the language pack in the usual SVC-X2M directory

Edited by Glowy

I now have a .net and sp1 combined switchless exe that I want to be put into svcpack.inf. Will the SVC-EXE directory do this? And if not which dir will.

What i am trying to do is have .net installed before running the ATI new control panel in runonceex so the ati programme gets installed.