WMP10 + RealMedia + QuickTime!

Denney

Finally... If you install WMP10, you can now install RealMedia Alternative and QuickTime Alternative and WMP will happily play the file.

You get a prompt saying that the file isn't supported but may still be playable... Just play it and it works great!!

I was waiting for when WMP would support these codecs!

@Singularity: Hmm.. strange. They both work flawlessly on the 4 test computers I have here.

@Bâshrat the Sneaky: They never worked with WMP9 or WMP10 Tech Beta for me... :(

@SiMoNsAyS: I have no idea how to do it unattended. I haven't ever installed QT and RM Alternative before so I'll have to look into it. The associations are just simple registry edits, just like other associations. I've just deselected MPC during setup.

I have no idea how to do it unattended. I haven't ever installed QT and RM Alternative before so I'll have to look into it.

It's quite simple, just take a look in the Application Switches forum.

P.S.: You might consider using the KLite (mega) Codec Pack, it has ALL the codecs you'll ever need ;) (incl QT, RL alternatives, MP classic, BSPlayer, and you can define which ones in the unattended installation !)