Cannot get past text-mode setup stage

Hi, im new to this unattended xp setup thing. Its really quite amazing. Anyways, yesterday i made a basic cd with the .sif file and i put it in. I made the file require me to manage my partitions, so thats what setup did first.

heres my partition

[ 20gb (winxp) ntfs ] [ 140gb (other stuff) ]

It successfully went thru the stages of the text-mode setup which is pretty much prepping it for the gui setup, then when i reboot, it does not boot into the hard drive at all. I tried hdd-0 hdd-1 hdd-2 hdd-3 in bios, none worked, only thing that did was the cd boot and that just did the same thing over and over again, anything im doing wrong?

It sounds to me like you do not have the bootfix.bin in the I386 folder, or another timeout method on the cd. If this is the case the disc will continually reboot as seems to be happening, Either restore the bootfix.bin file or create a menu using cdshell like in the picture

post-70-1093988261_thumb.jpg

When PC reboots after textsetup mode. Do not press any key to boot from CD again, else you will not boot from harddrive.

Not sure, but you may be doing the loop with the CD boot, by pressing a key each time it boots?

@benners

Nice boot screen.

:)

@Mhz

Thanks

@Ziki

When the machine reboots do you see the "Press any key to boot from CD" prompt? or does it jusy continue the install process?.What you could try is when the machine reboots after text mode setup, eject the disc until it boots from /hd then re-insert it and see if setup continues, if it does it is probably a cd problem, or maybe a stuck key that is accepting the boot prompt :}

...okay in order for the cd to work, i had to set the cd rom as boot device 1 in by bios, which i did. it brought me thru the text based setup then i had to restart, i set the hdd to hdd-1, nothing happened, i set it to 2 nothing, etc. i thought i already explained this, but i guess i didnt