Silent install for apps that don't have switches?

Mutant_Fruit

Is it possible to reliably do a silent install for applications that don't seem to have a silent install switch?

I used "InstallRite" to create two such packages, but then i thought of something. In this computer, they were installing to my E:. So when i created the silent install package using InstallRite, would that package always try install to the e:? Even when there is no e:?

Is there a better way to do this? These are the programs i have left to add to my XP CD. I know all of these don't have silent install switches, but some might that i don't know about.

kerio-kwf-6.0.4-win.exe

j2re-1_4_2_05-windows-i586-p.exe

quicktimealt133.exe

realalt123.exe

Azureus_2.1.0.4_Win32.setup.exe

getrt510.exe

GuildFTPd.exe

zp403pro.exe

The real and quicktime alternatives use "/VERYSILENT /SP-" I think.

As for the sun java installer - have you read the official MSFN guide - if you did then maybe you did not read it carefully - the details were there:

Sun Java install

The guide mentions the switches for kerio as well. And Azureus uses the "/S" or "/s" switch, I think (note the capitalization). Getright switches are mentioned in the forums - please search.

Guys,

When searching for something within the forum dont use the search that has the Google on the left ( I was using it at first) use the one on top of the page on the right corner, that will search withing the forum.

I think that this is why people say that they din't find it here. :D

As for the sun java installer - have you read the official MSFN guide - if you did then maybe you did not read it carefully - the details were there:

Sun Java install

The guide mentions the switches for kerio as well. And Azureus uses the "/S" or "/s" switch, I think (note the capitalization). Getright switches are mentioned in the forums - please search.

The java switch i never noticed in the guide, and as for Kerio, i believe it only mentioned Kerio Personal Firewall, whereas i have Kerio Winroute firewall, which i assumed was completly different, and wouldn't use the same switches.

I searched for the getright switches, but it didn't seem to work for me, maybe i got capitalisation wrong. I'll try again.

Guys,

When searching for something within the forum dont use the search that has the Google on the left ( I was using it at first) use the one on top of the page on the right corner, that will search withing the forum.

I think that this is why people say that they din't find it here. :D

:w00t: man, i was making the same mistake also.

and install rite is perfect i use it for all make apps beacsue they install so **** quick :thumbup