Shortcut removal in Start menu

Does anyone know of a method of removing shortcuts, from start menu -> programs without the use of runonceex commands?

I would like IE, OE and Remote Assistance shortcuts removed, without runonceex entering into explorer startup.

:unsure:

not really

try something like this, it is what i have in my reboot.cmd

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\install\
RD /S /Q "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Java Web Start"
RD /S /Q "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\PrintMe Internet Printing"
DEL /Q "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\*.*"

could try using regshot and make the changes to see what changes in the registry, might try it.

@ diesel_98a

Yes, that will remove those shortcuts, but the ones that I have listed, are not created until you enter desktop for the first time. I am using scripted executables, the shutdown command is instant. I need a separate process to remove at first show of desktop. Or maybe an inf or regtweak method to disable the creation of them.

Thanks anyway. ;)

u are probably looking more for a regtweak then. will need to get a program to monitor the registry changes and apply those changes to regtweak. i have used regshot for that. i don't recall anybody who has already done something like that using regtweaks otherwise i would pt u in their direction. i myself just use the runonceex in my reboot.cmd.

Regtweak may get overwritten at first desktop startup, depending on what creates them. Have tried runonce, with following reboot, with no success, so far.

Starting to run out of ideas.

:wacko:

@mazin

Yes, played with that idea. It removed the shortcuts . Had to use attrib to remove read only on the bat, so it could delete itself. But i could not get it is self-delete?

Unsure whether I tried sleep with it though? Maybe, you have come up with an answer. Will try sleep before shortcut removal and self-delete.

Thanks

:)

Had to use attrib to remove read only on the bat, so it could delete itself. But i could not get it is self-delete?

I use a simple DEL, without stating path, at the end of the batch. I mean something like this:

DEL startup.cmd

Hope it helps. Thanks.

@Mazin

Yes, I used Del this.bat. But for some reason, would not delete itself. Maybe the startup folder is locked or something during entering desktop. Your sleep idea may delay the action to a better time to delete itself.

Maybe considering of deleting entry in registry of it existence may be an idea also ?, will test it.

Thanks

:)

oops sorry for being unclear..

the link was to address issue of stuff that did not get created until desktop is loadded..thus tweaks, links, etc. does not get deleted...

basically the idea is what has been mentioned here, that is, to create a startup.cmd and set the last line of that to del itself and everything in startup folder...

DEL did it for me too, there was no problem deleting, nor was the start up folder locked..

maybe what you can do is set a pause after running each command, to see what the problem is?

also, maybe adding "Exit" to the file at the end?