disabling user in xp home

sven

any one know of a way to disable a user in xp home, i could just change the password, but its not what i want to do. i want it so that it says something like, the account has been disabled, or account not found, or something like that

thanks

i need this before i kill my brother instead of this version of revenge

(you dont know how crazy he'd go without computer)

Use passwords on all user accounts

Both Windows XP Professional and Home Edition allow user accounts to utilize blank passwords to log into their local workstations, although in XP Professional, accounts with blank passwords can no longer be used to log on to the computer remotely over the network. Obviously, blank passwords are a bad idea if you care about security. Make sure you assign passwords to all accounts, especially the Administrator account and any accounts with Administrator privileges. By the way, in XP Home Edition all user accounts have administrative privileges and no password by default. Make sure you close this hole as soon as possible...

Disable the Guest Account

The guest account has always been a huge hacker hole, and should be disabled as soon as you install your workstation. Unfortunately, this setting recommendation only applies to Windows XP Professional computers that belong to a domain, or to computers that do not use the Simple File Sharing model. Windows XP Home Edition will not allow you to disable the Guest account. When you disable the Guest account in Windows XP Home Edition via the Control Panel, it only removes the listing of the Guest account from the Fast User Switching Welcome screen, and the Log-On Local right. The network credentials will remain intact and guest users will still be able to connect to shared resources of the affected machine across a network. Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: 300489 describes this behavior and states that it is by design. The best workaround for XP Home Users is to assign a strong password to the Guest account or upgrade to XP Professional...

no, thats not the idea.

All that has been done, what i want to do is disable 1 user from logging in. he uis already a limited account, and I only have 2 administrators (both secure), and 3 limited(2 no password). its really as secure as i need it to be. i just want to know how to disable that one user from signing in, without having to change his password to something he doesn't know.

I dont need security, just disable him

It's actually pretty straightforward if you use the "classic" account manager (it's the only one worth using anyways!):

-Open the user manager

-Click the advanced tab

-Click the advanced button

-Select "users"

-Double click on his account

-Put a checkmark by "account is disabled"

-Click "ok"

You're done.