Urgent about Logon Screen-

chrischan

Dear fellow mates, i got some problem with my logon screen.

This afternoon i downloaded a software named "LogonStudio" by Stardock. I thought it would work well and succesfully change my logon screen background to another theme.

After the installation i chose one of the themes built-in in the software. My Windows XP was then frozen. I restarted the comp and found that i could only logon to my windows by the FLOATING BOX. (there are two ways to logon right? one is the full screen one and the other one is the floating box one)

From then onwards, everytime i press "Switch User" the comp hangs. I really wana get back to my original logon way.

Would everyone tell me which Folder in the /Windows directory is responsible for this? so that i can copy the folder from my other two computers?

Thanks very much i feel that i'm in a great trouble. If nothing helps..I duno if i should reinstall my windows..in the worst scenerio.

Thanks for your attention!

Cheers,

Chris

I think it would help if you restore to the original loginscreen, this is how:

Open regedit

Goto "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" and change "UIHost" to "C:\WINDOWS\System32\LogonUi.exe" (if your windows dir is C:\windows\)

This should work, but don't do as I did and change the "userinit" line :D