Missing hotfixes from SP2

OK. I noticed when cleaning up my batch file for SP2 that there were a number of hotfixes that weren't covered by SP2. I don't know if they were specifically SP1 related but here's the list:

Type 1 Patches:

KB826939

Q321884

Type 2 Patches:

Q831167

KB837009

KB870669

Now, unless they are SP1 specific I'm assuming you would keep these files.

Could someone please clarify if these are still needed, or can be thrown away.

Thanks guys :)

They can all go. It's easily verified simply by installing only SP2 and running WindowsUpdate. No hotfixes will come up :)

Thanks for that.

I wasn't sure coz I didn't actually see them on the list of updates in SP2 and thought M$ might've forgot them, hehehe.

One last question...

Is it worth just using a fully-updated SP1a install or just using a SP2? The repsonses are so divided on this both on forums and between my peers.

Use SP2. There's nothing hard about integrating it, and you don't have to waste time dodging around with all the SP1 post hotfixes.

OK. Slipstreaming is easy as hell, done it plenty of times. The main concern was with the actual content of the SP2 package. I understand that there are few fixes that need to be done before you finalise the CD (which I can do no probs) but my main query is if it's got anything in it that is not good.

Like you've probably seen on various posts around here, some ppl are sticking to SP1 rather than upgrading, now I dunno if these ppl are just scared (which half may be) or they know something about SP2 that's not good.

Just trying to make this final decision b4 I reformat my hdd.

Thanks for your help :)

I've been using the RC's for a fair amount of time, and the RTM is working no worries on my box, I don't know what most people are afraid of though.

OK, I'll give it a shot. It's not the fact it's the RTM that bothers me, it's just all this bad information going around about it.