America Online and Sp2

spacesurfer

Does anyone use America Online 9.0 dial-up with SP2?

I have an issue with AOL 9 and SP2. Whenever I start AOL 9, it dials fine, but then internet explorer hangs, all the applications hang--none of them work. nothing works AFTER I start AOL. I disabled windows firewall and all the new security features but still same problem.

I have no clue what is causing it.

Anyone have same problem? Anyone no cause?

Let me know. thanks.

Microsoft have published a list of programs that have compatibility problems with SP2 here.

There is an entry for the AOL Toolbar, but I don't think that has anything to do with your problem. I'm sure lots of others use AOL, but you seem to be the first to bring up this problem, that I know of. Have you checked with other AOL users?

I totally agree...I'm cursing my computer with AOL, but 2 reasons. First, I don't need high speed internet. I'm cool with dial-up...just need to check email and occassionally browse. Second, I use the free internet 2 months, hehe. Oh, btw I created a Norton Ghost installation before AOL installation so I can roll back to before AOL installation state.

I totally agree...I'm cursing my computer with AOL, but 2 reasons. First, I don't need high speed internet. I'm cool with dial-up...just need to check email and occassionally browse. Second, I use the free internet 2 months, hehe. Oh, btw I created a Norton Ghost installation before AOL installation so I can roll back to before AOL installation state.

:realmad::realmad::realmad:

AOL BAD! /me BEAT AOL TO DEATH! HULK MAD! :realmad: Use NetZero instead! Better!