McAfee Enterprise 7.1

PsiKoTicK

I am trying to get an unattended install for McAfee Enterprise 7.1 (as the title suggests, woo)

Looking at the properties of the EXE file, it says:

Netopsystems Recomposer for VSE7

I DID make an administrative point (that's in the readme file) but I am not sure how to go ahead and add in the updates (or if it's even possible) or how to make it a silent install, and not have it check for updates and such at the end.

Oh, and if anyone knows how to make it change the default scan settings it'd be great too (it doesn't do all files by default, just "infectable" files - I prefer all files)

McAfee has this great program called the "McAfee Installation Designer" that lets you easily craft a custom installation of VirusScan Enterprise. The download is somewhere on McAfee's website, and you have to enter your grant code (which comes with VSE), but that's what you want.

• 1 month later...

I have just added Mcaffee Enterprise 7.1 to my unattended CD. I used the following method.

1. In the following Folder I copied all of the installation files and called it "Mcaffee":

C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications

2. then I added the following to my RunOnceExe.cmd:

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Network Associates Total Virus Scan 7.1" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\mcafee\setup.exe /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 2 /D "regedit /s %systemdrive%\install\Applications\mcafee\mcafee.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 3 /D "sleep /10" /f

3. Saved the RunOnceExe.cmd to C:\XPCD\$OEM$

4. Created a Bootable XP CD

5. Mcaffee installed itself quietly with no problem....

Hope this helps,

Dapper :)