VMware workstation Help!

Nakkoush

Hello everybody here i don't know if i'm postng in the right place i've finished slipstraming my own CD with Nlite and i also burned my iso image cd with nero, now before i go to te format proccess after reading here in this forum i realized that there is softwares like VMware or virtualPC,.. which act like new computer...

i downloaded now VMware and install it on my system uo to now i find it too complicated, is there any help posted on this forum which can enlighten me, coz don't think it's logical to fomat my pc each time i want to test my new windows cd!

thank you in advance mate! B)

VMware is easy to use and fast for testing, so just start using it.

You can use it 30 days for free.

:hello:

Edit: To complicated? And nLite isn´t? It´s easy, just like you use a computer. Just let the ISO be the CD-ROM drive of VMware... ;)

thx mate for your fast reply and sorry for posting in the wrong place!

U said .( Just let the ISO be the CD-ROM drive of VMware... )

how can i do the ISO act like a cd rom

now after i got my serial for VMware thing are getting more and more clear i can see it.

as i grasb form you i can use the iso without burning it! am i right?

if it;s possible any hints about it

I have questions about VMware as well, but I'll answer Nakkoush's question about the .iso thing, Yes you can install the ISO without burning.

you have to do this

after you create a virtual machine to match winxp.

go to

"Edit Virtual Machine Settings"

(underneath "Start this Virtual Machine")

Click on "CD-ROM" (under the Hardware Tab)

On the right hand side it will say "Connection"

Use Physical Drive:

or

Use ISO image:

If you select "Use ISO image:" you then can "Browse" and locate the ISO you just made.

If that still doesn't work,

remember it's a "virtual" computer and does have a boot sequence. So don't forget to set the first boot device to CD-ROM (inside the virtual machine)

My question is this.

I cannot get my ethernet drivers to load at all using either MS Virtual PC 2004 or VMware. The NIC is an Intel 10/100/1000 onboard device. It won't even let me load it from a CD nor can it detect the proper drivers. Am I doing something wrong?