S-ATA PROMISE 367 CONTROLER

chim-R

i have realized an unatended cd of XP ( cd of sp1 + sp2 pack that i have integreted in) i

have now a win sp2 cd iso file.

now, i want to integrate the S-ATA drivers in cd, i find some infos in this forum, but not for my own S-ATA.

so if someone have already create cd with this S-ata model, i 'll be glad to have one.

i started to make one :

1. copy the drivers from floppy to directory $OEM$\TEXTMODE (in the iso file cd)

Fasttx2k.cat

fasttx2k.INF

fasttx2k.sys

2. copy the same files to $OEM$\$1\Drivers\001 (in the iso file cd)

3. create cab file -> MAKECAB c:\fasttx2k.sys c:\fasttx2k.SY_

5. copy fasttx2k.SY_ in I386 directory of win cd iso file

6. add some lines to the end of TXTSETUP.SIF file in I386 directory of cd iso file

[sourceDisksFiles]

fasttx2k.sys= ??? (i don't know the params)

[HardwareIdsDatabase]

PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_3376 = "fasttx2k"

[sCSI.load]

fasttx2k = fasttx2k.sys,4

[sCSI]

fasttx2k = " WinXP Promise FastTrak 367 Controler"

7. create the WINNT.SIF file with setupmgr.exe (the program is in support\tools\deploy.cab) in the iso file

8. add the lines to the [unattended] section:

OemPreinstall=Yes

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\001"

9. place the WINNT.SIF file at the root directory on the cd

10. burn cd

i would like to specify what i want to install xp without auto create partition and auto format. i would like to make it manually.

thanx for your replies !!!

i would like to specify what i want to install xp without auto create partition and auto format. i would like to make it manually.

I believe that you should place the following in your winnt.sif

[Data]
   AutoPartition=0

Edited by redjoy

Here is what I have found for Windows XP SP-2, I believe you also need the Repartition=No in the Unattended part as well.

The following is an excerpt edit by me from ref.chm.

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
   AutoPartition=0;When set to "0" you can partition the HDD yourself, otherwise it installs Windows to the first available partition that has adequate space for a Windows installation and does not already contain an installed version of Windows. Either omit the AutoPartition entry from your answer file or set the value of AutoPartition to 1. If AutoPartition = 1, the /tempdrive command-line option of Winnt32.exe is ignored. If you do not set the value, text-mode Setup installs Windows on the partition where $WIN_NT$.~LS is located.
[Unattended]
   Repartition=No;Specifies whether all partitions on the first drive on the client computer are deleted and the drive reformatted with the NTFS file system.  *!Important!* Repartition is valid only when performing an unattended Setup by booting the computer from the Windows product CD.

See my attached SystemMgr.txt for what all I have been able to come up with so far for SP-2, it also includes lines such as above which are edited from the ref.chm file for Windows XP SP-2

SetupMgr.txt

My TXTSETUP.SIF:

[SourceDisksFiles]
Fasttrak.sys = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4

[HardwareIdsDatabase]
PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_3373 = "fasttx2k"

[SCSI.load]
fasttx2k = Fasttx2k.sys,4

[SCSI]
fasttx2k = "WinXP Promise FastTrak 376/378 (tm) Controller"

[Config.fasttx2k]
value = "", Tag, REG_DWORD, 1

Looks like yours will work. However, I don't use $OEM$\TEXTMODE, just $OEM$\$1\Drivers\001, plus the file ptipbmf.dll

My TXTSETUP.SIF:
[SourceDisksFiles]
Fasttrak.sys = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4

[HardwareIdsDatabase]
PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_3373 = "fasttx2k"

[SCSI.load]
fasttx2k = Fasttx2k.sys,4

[SCSI]
fasttx2k = "WinXP Promise FastTrak 376/378 (tm) Controller"

[Config.fasttx2k]
value = "", Tag, REG_DWORD, 1

Looks like yours will work. However, I don't use $OEM$\TEXTMODE, just $OEM$\$1\Drivers\001, plus the file ptipbmf.dll

By placing it in the txtmode folder, Windows XP will find it and install it at the F-6 stage and shouldn't need a reference to it in the OEMDriversPath section, though I include the txtdrvers folder there as well. It also sholdn't need any other reference to how to install it other than the files that are in your raid folder for that driver. I do however also include it in the other $OEM$ folder as well for inclusion in the drivers that are copied over to my HDD during the installation phase. Though you have to put the information from the txtsetup.sif file into the setupmgr file, like I show in the one that I have posted in the link above. Though I am unsure if I have the correct settings at this point as I have yet to try it this way. I too used the way you are mentioning last time, but I also included them the way I have them still. Only difference is this time I intend to omit the extra file, if I can.

See picture for details.

post-88-1093232076_thumb.png